1. Confine you to your bed for up to 1 week
2. Affect your immune system so you are more likely to contract other illnesses
3. Mean you have to take time off work which you can ill afford to lose.
4. In some situations complications can arise result if you subsequently catch Pneumonia which is a potentially serious condition.
5. Flu is more serious if caught by those in the ‘at risk groups’ e.g. those over the age of 65, those with immuno-compromised bodies (due to effect of chronic illness), pregnant women, children under 5 etc.